Sunday, June 19, 2011

User Attrition: Another Reason Why Collaboration Should Be At The Core Of Business Software

A few months back I argued that collaboration should be at the core of enterprise software, not at the periphery.

Today I had dinner with a friend who runs a enterprise software consulting company. He mentioned that, less than 40% of people who are required to use the Supply Chain Management software actually use it. The remaining 60% simple make up their won processes using various collaboration tools such as excel and email conversations.

He mentioned that if only the software were a bit flexible and allowed people to have a short conversation or share a document in the context of their current task, the usage will be significantly high. This is another reason why collaboration should be at the core of every business application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...