Sunday, December 05, 2010

Google App Inventor - A Simple Twitter Client

Google App Inventor is a visual tool to develop simple mobile apps without writing any code.

Today I wrote a very rudimentary twitter client for the Android phone using Google App Inventor. My app enables anyone with a twitter account to authenticate themselves and tweet. It was an interesting exercise to register the app with Twitter first, get the necessary Consumer Key and Consumer Secret codes and connect to twitter from the mobile app.

This may not sound like a big deal for my development colleagues. But it is a big deal for me, because I am not a mobile developer and have never written code for a living. I am a product manager with a product design background, who makes prototypes to understand the market and people.

You may be hesitating to start making mobile apps of your own, thinking that you are a product manager or product marketer with an MBA and limited technical skills. I assure you. You can do it even if you have an MBA. I have one and I was able to do it.

I am convinced that Google App Inventor can be a useful tool for product managers and product designers who like making things. To convince you that it is easy to write app inventor applications, I have posted the logic of the twitter client I wrote here.

All the logic you need for a simple twitter client

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...