Friday, November 26, 2010

I Have A Few Minutes. What Can I Do With My Smart Phone Other Than Check Email?

One of my friends who came to visit us at home last week shared an interesting observation about mobile devices with me. She uses the iPad and wonders if she can do something other than browsing or check email, when she has a few minutes to spare.

This is a very interesting opportunity for mobile application designers. I believe if your app enables people to consistently accomplish something meaningful in a clearly defined amount of time, your app may be used more often than the other comparable apps.

You may have to break down your apps into chunks of applications that can be used to accomplish something meaningful in a clearly defined period of time. For example, to take a picture, add a comment and tweet the same I know that it takes about 2 minutes or less.

It believe that most mobile application feature can be  consciously designed to be consumed in a certain amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...